Monday, April 2, 2007

Election Update: Masked Man Goes For Election in Laois-Offaly


A dynamic new contender has entered the election race in Brian Cowen's constituency of Laois-Offaly with promises of free turf for hens and bringing the Metro to the Blue Ball. John-Joe Paddy-Mary Mongan, also known locally as "The Big Briquette from Ballycumber", has arisen from the political wasteland of West Offaly with a manifesto for social reform based on "thinnin' turnips and lampin' rats".

"I am the future of politics in this Country and if I get elected I promise I will give every house in Offaly a free box of macaroon bars and twenty Carrolls. I'll outlaw milk and invite Albania to annex Westmeath. God I hate those eejits." With only weeks to go until the general election it is expected that the race in Laois-Offaly will go to the ropes. Our money is on Mongan though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the president of Albania, I would just like to ask the Masked Man where he thinks his fancy mask comes from? Yes, Albania, the mask capital of eastern europe. So he can put that briquette in his pipe and smoke it!